Pastor Larry Tomczak recently wrote an article for The Christian Post entitled, “Are You Aware of the Avalanche of Gay Programming Assaulting Your Home?” In the post, he lists several examples in the media where families are exposed to gay lifestyles. Among the TV shows and media personalities mentioned is talk show host Ellen DeGeneres. On Wednesday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, she addressed the article.
In case you have no interest in reading the article, Tomczak basically says that Hollywood has a gay agenda that they are pushing on families through programs that feature members of the LGBTQ community. He recommends that families watch television shows such as I Love Lucy or Little House on the Prairie. He also says that people must not be passive and should be aware of these groups that are “targeting innocent and impressionable children.”
A few television examples that Tomczak mentions include:
- “Glee” features over five gay characters.
- Home and remodeling reality shows regularly feature lesbians and gays in partnerships exploring homes.
- “Modern Family” features a gay couple who married over two episodes recently.
- “Survivor” and other reality shows regularly parade homosexuals as contestants.
He also accuses Ellen DeGeneres of promoting this “gay agenda.”
- “Ellen DeGeneres” celebrates her lesbianism and “marriage” in between appearances of guests like Taylor Swift to attract young girls.
Degeneres, who normally does not read articles about herself, thought it was important to respond during her show. Check out the clip below.
DeGeneres corrects Tomczak by saying that she is not “married,” she’s married. She also stated that the only message she has is love, not an agenda.
The only way I’m trying to influence people is to be more kind and compassionate with one another.”
What do you think of Ellen’s response?
I can’t say this enough but I love her response and am proud of her authenticity. I think that is what is needed in Hollywood.
– xo, A